Canker Sore Home Remedy
Canker sore home remedy, home remedies for canker sores, canker sores in the mouth, what causes canker sores, how to treat canker sores.
Canker sores or mouth ulcers are a very common ailment. Most people do try and just ignore them and they do eventually go away.
But some of us are troubled often by these small round canker sores in the mouth.
What Causes Canker Sores
No one really knows what causes canker sores.
Mouth ulcers do seem to run in families, and can also be due to a malfunctioning of the immune system.
There are a number of other reasons for you to suffer from canker sores.
- Food allergies or sensitivities to e.g. chocolate, tomatoes, nuts, or eating acidic foods, often cause mouth ulcers.
- Stress and tiredness are often a trigger for mouth ulcers.
- Trauma to the mouth such as biting your tongue or lip, or wearing braces.
- Menstrual cycle, if you are a woman.
- Nutrient deficiencies, when you do not get enough vitamins or minerals in your diet, especially iron, can be the cause of canker sores.
These irritating sores are one ailment that a canker sore home remedy can really help!
Home Remedies For Canker Sores
Canker sores can be painful and can be helped with a few immediate remedies.
- Over-the-counter medication that contains carbamide peroxide. This combination of glycerin and peroxide helps soothe and heal the sore by killing the bacteria that cause it.
- Zinc applied to the sore is extremely helpful. Take a zinc lozenge and allow it to dissolve directly on the canker sore. Do this three times a day. It is fine to swallow the zinc.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus can also help relieve canker sores. This is the live bacteria found in yogurt. When you get that first feeling of a canker sore, dissolve about ten lactobacillus acidophilus capsules in water and rinse your mouth out with this solution. Do this three times a day.
Use a canker sore home remedy to prevent sores.
Prevention Of Canker Sores
- Investigate food allergies. If you have a history of allergies in your family or have had allergies as a child, or have hayfever, skin rashes, or hives, you could be suffering from a food allergy which may also be causing canker sores. Find out what foods may be triggering allergic reactions in you. People with canker sores often seem to be allergic to gluten. Once you find out what foods cause you to react, eliminate the food and the symptoms will disappear.
- Nutritional supplements have been found to help more than half the people suffering with chronic canker sores. Studies have shown that over half the people with canker sores are deficient in iron, folate, or Vit B12, or a combination of these nutrients. When they supplement their diets, the sores go away. A zinc deficiency can also cause canker sores.
In addition to your daily supplements, try taking:
- Zinc: 50mg Vit C with bioflavonoids: 1,000mg regularly
- Vit B12: 1,000mcg under the tongue once a day.
- Iron: 65mg daily. It is important to have a blood test to indicate whether you are iron-deficient or not.
- Folic Acid 400mcg, we suggest you take 800 mcg. daily.
- Vitamin E 400 IU, daily.DGL: 400mg , .
- Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) is a natural compound derived from licorice which stimulates the production of mucus to coat and protect the digestive tract. DGL is used with great success in mouth ulcer therapy. Gargle 4X daily with up to 400mg of DGL mixed in a glass of water.
- Control the stress in your life. Many people find that continuing stressful situations stimulate an outbreak of canker sores in the mouth. One most important canker sore home remedy is to make a special effort to identify, and then deal with the stress in your life. This will not only help with avoiding canker sores, but will make you generally more healthy.
Take a look at our Nav bar on the left, see which relaxation method appeals to you, and include a relaxation exercise in your daily routine.Breathing exercises are a good start.
Go from Canker Sore Home Remedy to Natural Home Remedies