Colour Red Energy
Colour Red Energy Makes a Statement and Demands Attention
Colour red energy can be aggressive, and has negative as well as positive associations.
Can red be used for stress relief? Find out how to use red in colour healing and when not to use the colour red.
Red energy is bright and lively...
It is the colour of lifeblood and the centre of a flame; of danger, anger, excitement, strength and fire.
About Colour Red Energy
- Red is the nearest visible light to infrared. It is a fiery force; the spirit of physical life, full of power and drive. It signifies courage and liberation, passion and excitement. Too much red burns, but the right amount supports life.
- When the influence of red is managed well within the system, its energy can be harnessed to motivate people. These are the innovaters and entrepreneurs who are full of ideas. They prefer to move from one project to another, getting things started and then moving on.
- People under the influence of red are often well-known for being daring and extrovert. An overload of red causes restlessness and impatience in those nearby. It can result in selfishness, making people focus on their own needs and survival above everything else.
- Red at its worst is tyrannical. At its best, red will ensure a satisfying and passionate love life. Red brings focus to the physicality of life, to the process of living.
- Red is the colour of the base chakra - it is symbolic of what you need to survive. Life should be grabbed and lived. Without colour red energy you may become listless and out of touch with reality.
Red And The Body
Primarily, red is associated with the genitals and reproductive organs.
Another area of red focus is the blood and circulation, as it increases the body's ability to absorb iron. Red also prompts adrenalin to release into the bloodstream - hence its link with aggression.
Red is a colour charged with energy and vitality. After an illness when the body is weak, red is excellent for stimulating renewed strength and helping recovery.
Colour Red Energy For Stress Relief And Healing
- Use red to help circulatory problems, such as cold hands and feet, hardening of the arteries, anaemia and exhaustion.
- Red can also be used to treat infertility and is especially good for stiff muscles and joints, particularly in the legs and feet.
- Red is useful in cases of paralysis, and works excellently if also combined with physiotherapy.
- Red counteracts shyness and enables you to put your life back into action.
Add some red in your life when you want:
- more energy
- increased enthusiasm and interest
- action and confidence to go after your dreams
- protection from fears and anxieties
Using Red Colour For Decorating
Decorating with red needs careful consideration, but that is no reason to avoid it.
- Red is an attention seeker, good for details and accessories. In a room used mainly at night, it will bring instant warmth and encourage your friends and family to be sociable.
- Red stimulates the appetite, making it ideal for a diningroom.
- Red has traditionally been the colour of love and sex, so it may be perfect for a bedroom if sleeping is the last thing on your mind.
- Red draws your eye to it so that anything red will be the first thing you notice in a room. If this effect is too strong for everyday use, save it for a special occasion when a vase of red flowers will give instant impact.
- Red-brown has a more comforting effect. Use this colour red energy in the form of natural red quarry tiles and polished mahogany. Deep crimson red is richer and contains blues and browns to give it warm and cool aspects. A luxurious, sexy red oozes relaxed comfort and confidence.
Our feng shui colour chart has lots more information about using colour.
Click on colour for your home to find out more about the other colours and their energy.
We hope you enjoy using the energy of colour to make your everyday living better.