Laughter The Best Medicine
10 New Commandments For A New Look At Life
Is laughter the best medicine?
Well, laughter boosts the immune system, and lessens pain. Laughing also reduces stress, lowers blood pressure and has a beneficial effect on our overall well being...
Plus, it's free!
And here is a free laugh for you! I do recommend that you take the 'commandments' seriously, though... Plenty of good advice for a more stress-free point of view!
10 NEW COMMANDMENTS
SWAMI BEYONDANANDA'S GUIDELINES FOR ENLIGHTENMENT
1. Be a Fundamentalist--make sure the Fun always comes before the mental. Realise that life is a situation comedy that will never be cancelled. A laugh track has been provided, and the reason why we are put in the material world is to get funnier material. Have a good laughsitive twice a day to ensure regularhilarity.
2. Remember that each of us has been given a Special Gift, just for entering--so you are already a Winner!
3. The most powerful tool on the planet today is Tell-A-Vision. That is where I tell a vision to you and you tell a vision to me. That way, if we don't like the programming we're getting, we can simply change the channel.
4. Life is like photography. You use the negative to develop. And, no matter what adversity you face, be reassured: Of course God loves you--He's just not ready to make a commitment.
5. It is true. As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles tend to get caught between the ears, causing a condition called truth decay. So be sure to use mental floss twice a day. And when you're tempted to practice tantrum yoga, remember what we teach in Swami's Absurdiveness Training class: "Don't get even, get odd."
6. If we want world peace, we must let go of our attachments and truly live like nomads. That's where
I no mad at you, you no mad at me. That way, there'll surely be nomadness on the planet. And peace begins with each of us. A little peace here, a little peace there, pretty soon all the peaces will fit together to make one big peace everywhere.
7. I know great earth changes have been predicted for the future, so if you're looking to avoid earthquakes, my advice is simple. When you find a fault, just don't dwell on it.
8. There's no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world, and we'll never have to change it again.
9. If you're looking to find the key to the Universe, I have some bad news and some good news. The bad news is---there is no key to the Universe. The good news is--it has been left unlocked.
10. Finally, everything I have told you is channeled. That way, if you don't like it, it's not my fault. And remember, enlightenment is not a bureaucracy. So, we don't have to go through channels.
Copyright © 1995, 2000
Written by : Swami Beyondananda
If you enjoyed 'The 10 New Commandments', have a look at the Swami's website -
...it is all about laughter...
I really enjoyed it!
He promotes 'laughter'
-- particularly the kind that brings people together and hurts no one -- as a key way to release stress.
Is laughter the best medicine? Still not sure? Click here to find out the positive effects of laughter.
Remember to keep your clown chakra open, and remember to laugh, ...
Laughter the best medicine
Seriousness causes ILL-ness and dis-ease.
Remember, Laughter the Best Medicine!