All about lavender use, lavender ice cream, lavender bath salt, aromatherapy lavender oil, how to make lavender soap and just how to enjoy this best of all herbs!
We always say that if you only have one bottle of essential oil, it should be aromatherapy lavender oil!
You can use lavender for many different jobs. Lavender is very effective for treating burns and scalds; it is a natural antibiotic, antiseptic, anti-depressant, sedative and detox agent. It promotes healing, prevents scarring and stimulates the immune system...
No wonder it is hailed as the essential oil to beat all others!
Use Lavender for the following health conditions:
- Digestive and abdominal complaints such as indigestion.
- Treating acne and other skin disorders such as burns and other wounds.
- Alleviating headaches - especially effective for migraines.
- Relieving stress and anxiety. See our natural remedies for anxiety
- Reducing palpitations and hypertension.
- Lavender is great for alleviating car-sickness, nausea and sleeplessness.
- Use lavender to ease congestion.
Have a look at our favourite lavender aromatherapy products in the right hand coloumn and spoil yourself!
How To Use Lavender In Aromatherapy
- Add to massage oil and use for a relaxing rub.
- Use in a vapourizer bottle or diffuser to help with congestion, or for relaxation.
- Add a few drops to your bath and inhale the fragrant steam.
- Rub a few drops onto your wrist or the back of your neck for relaxation or as an insect repellent.
- To combat jet-lag or travel sickness, rub a few drops of lavender onto each ankle.
- To calm an agitated dog, massage 1 drop onto their paws to calm and destress your pet.
- Pop a drop onto a blemish or wound and watch it heal.
In The Home
- The nicest way to enjoy lavender in your home is to cut a bunch of fresh stems and place in a jar. The aroma will gently penetrate your home.
- Hang dried bunches of lavender from your door way or over the fireplace. And also remember to throw a few sticks of dried lavender onto the coals of the fire.
- Lavender sachets in your drawers keep the bugs and mildew away, and make sure your clothes stay fresh.
- Add lavender clippings to mulch in your garden. This feeds the soil and keeps insects away.
- Make a spray by boiling 3 tablespoons of lavender in a quart of water. Use to spray your pets bedding to control fleas and keep it smelling fresh.
- Use lavender in your cooking! It is a member of the mint family and can be used together with rosemary, sage and thyme. Add fresh lavender flowers to your salads.
How To Make Lavender Ice Cream
- 1 Litre Ice Cream
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 3 dessertspoons cocoa powder mixed into 1 cup hot water infused with 8 Sprigs of lavender
- 2 tsps vanilla essence
Blend all the ingredients together and place in a container in the freezer until needed. Scoop into balls and decorate with fresh flowers.
How To Make Lavender Soap
- 1 cake mild bath soap
- 2 tsp salt
- 2T fresh lavender flowers broken into small buds
- Few drops lavender essential oil
- Grate the soap to make 1 cup.
- Mix grated soap and 1 cup water in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Add salt and flowers. Mix well until melted and gently simmering.
- Add oil.
- Remove from the stove and cool for a few minutes.
- Pour into a mould lined with clingwrap. Allow to harden and set.
- Leave for 1 week. remove from mold and neaten the edges with a knife if necessary.
Use lavender soaps for clearing problem skin.
Enjoy our ONLINE SHOPPING !
Buy your essential oils for lavender use here .
- I also recommend a look at this site as a supplier for bulk oils - they are organic, fresh and consistently of a high standard!
A simple way of lavender use is to make a de-stressing and calming lavender tea.
- Steep 1/4 cup lavender flowers in 1 cup of boiling water for 5 minutes. Sip slowly.
How To Make Lavender Room Spray
- 10 sprigs lavender, leaves and flowers
- 3 litres water
- lavender essential oil
- Boil the lavender leaves and flowers in the water for 20 minutes.
- Cool, strain and discard the lavender.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Pour into a spritz bottle and enjoy!
More Ways Of Lavender Use
Go from Lavender Use to Essential Oils