Natural Remedy For Gas
Natural remedy for gas is the first step to reducing excess flatulence. There are many natural ways for you to reduce the amount of gas in your system.
Many people think that if their digestive system is normal, they won't have any gas unless they eat a particular food, like beans. The fact is that normal people expel nearly a quart of intestinal gas each day.
Gas is formed when certain foods reach the large intestine without being digested completely. When the food lands in the large intestine, bacteria that reside there begin to work and the process produces gas. This is a normal process, so in most cases, intestinal gas is not a sign of disease. Today, most of us eat more high-fiber foods and fruit and vegetables so the problem of gas is more prevalent.
Causes of Gas
The major cause of occasional flatulence is gas-promoting foods. many of us know that beans are a major problem, but there are other foods that will put you at risk including apricots, bananas, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, eggplant, radishes and onions.
The first natural remedy for gas is to avoid the foods that give you gas. It is important to remember that different people react differently to various foods. Some people have found that corn, oats, and even bagels give them gas. It is important for you to keep a note or diary of when you feel flatulence, and which foods might be to blame. When you identify the offending foods, it may not be practical or sensible to give them up. It is helpful to know how to reduce the amount of gas produced by these foods.
Natural Remedy For Gas
- Avoid gas-promoting foods, including beans, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, eggplant, radishes, and onions.
- Try soaking beans for at least 12 hours and then cooking them; this should reduce their gas-producing properties. Discard the soaking water, and rinse the beans thoroughly. Cook the beans until they are completely tender.
- Sprinkle Beano on your first mouthful of gas promoting food. You can get Beano at most pharmacies.It has a mild soy sauce flavour that works well with beans and other gas-producing foods.
- Try activated charcoal tablets, available at most health food stores, which absorb odours. Some people find that these help cut down on their gas production. Charcoal tablets also help absorb the problem odours.
- Many people are unaware that milk products can be the cause of excess gas and bloating. If you are lactose intolerant, use Lactaid. This is a product that helps digest th lactose in milk.Take one acidophilus tablet three times a day. if you suspect that you are lactose intolerant, a simple natural remedy for gas is to avoid all dairy products for ten days and check if your symptoms are reduced.
- Try some dietray changes. Avoid the following, which may introduce excess air and gas into your system: smoking, chewing gum, drinking fizzy drinks, drinking water from water fountains.
- If you do not get any relief from any of the natural remedies for gas, you might be suffering from something more than a simple case of flatulence. Check for celiac disease, diverticular disease, irritable bowel, protozoa diseas and possible food allergies.
More Useful Information
The above information can be at your fingertips in this great book!
Natural Prescriptions, Natural Treatments and Vitamin Therapies
for more than 100 Common Ailments
Go from Natural Remedy For Gas to Natural Home Remedies Index