Tips For Stopping Heartburn
Are you burning up and willing to try almost anything for stopping heartburn?
I have tried just about everything I have read about how to treat heartburn and here is my Top 10 list...
Give them a try and, hopefully, you will get fast heartburn relief.
10 Tips For Stopping Heartburn
- Do not drink liquids during a meal. Rather drink water before or after your meal – drinking whilst eating dilutes the digestive juices that break up your food. During a meal is the time when you need the acid in your stomach to do its job...don’t dilute it. Try and wait for 30 minutes after your meal before having a drink.
- Chew foods thoroughly - this is an important rule for stopping heartburn! The food is easier to digest the more it’s chewed. Not only can it be digested easier, but your body generates saliva to assist in the breakdown of the food you eat.
- Don’t stuff yourself . Try and stop eating when you feel only three-quarters full. Be mindful of your eyes being bigger than your stomach. Overeating and over-filling your stomach triggers the stomach- acid to rise up.
- Have a glass of milk - Milk helps dilute acid within the stomach.
- Add coconut oil to your diet. It’s a miracle oil. Include two tablespoons a day. You can add it into a smoothie or to cookies, either dehydrated or as an uncooked “ball”. This is one of my favourite natural remedies for heartburn. And it can even help you lose weight!
- Chew chewing gum Believe it or not, this is good for stopping heartburn. It helps generate saliva and will dilute the acid in the stomach. Try to stay away from mint flavour gums as those can sometimes aggravate areas damaged by acid.
- Apple cider vinegar is a traditional remedy to cure various digestive disorders.Taken internally, it supports liver detoxification, normalizes digestive juices, and reduces intestinal bloating. Mix 1 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar with 12 ounces of warm water, and drink in the morning on empty stomach. Add a little raw honey if the taste is too strong. My father-in-law swears by this heartburn home remedy.
- Lay on your left side when you sleep. The path to your stomach goes down the right side of your body. If you lay on your left side, it keeps the acid from coming up and sitting in your throat. Try and not eat anything 3-4 hours before going to bed.
- Relax when you eat. Don’t eat on the run. Difficult advice to follow in our normal busy days, but worth remembering. Chinese medicine teaches that an emotional element can come into play because the liver is highly sensitive to mood and feelings, and a weak flow of liver energy may manifest as bloating or flatulence. Dandelion has been shown to aid digestion by supporting the liver; drink dandelion tea to ease your emotions and digestion.
- Exercise lightly every day. Not only does this help beat heartburn and acid reflux but generally keeps you more healthy and less stressed. Walking and yoga are particularly good for digestion and stopping heartburn.
Have a look at which heartburn foods to avoid for more information to keep you cool and comfortable.
More "10 Best Ways How-To"
Go from Stopping Heartburn to Natural Home Remedies