Sympathy Card Sayings
Sympathy card sayings, bereavement poems, quotes on grief for you to use on cards or letters expressing condolence messages.
Sometimes it is difficult to find exactly the right words to express your sympathy to someone on the loss of their loved one. You want to strike a balance between being genuinely sympathetic but not over-doing the emotion.
Choose a sympathy card saying from the selection below and use it as is, or modify it to make it more personal.
Remember that a hand written card is always more personal, and just the fact that you took the time to hand write the message shows that you care.
Sympathy Card Sayings
- Our hearts are saddened by your loss and our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- I wish I could find the perfect words to make your pain less and offer you some comfort. Please know that you are always in my thoughts.
- May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared comfort you now and in the days ahead.
- We are so sorry for your loss. Your Dad fought hard, but he knew his time had come. Take comfort in knowing that he is no longer suffering. Our love to your family.
- Please know our loving thoughts embrace you.
- Our hearts are filled with sorrow and we are sharing your sorrow.
- Forever in our thoughts, Forever in our hearts
- Please accept these flowers and hear the words we are not able to speak. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
- Our thoughts and love are with you and your family during this time of grief. May you find courage and peace for the road ahead.
- At a time such as this, words cannot express our feelings but we want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
- In loving memory of Aunt Sarah, she will be missed dearly and always remembered.
- With loving thoughts and happy memories of so many happy times, -------- was a truly unforgettable person.
- I have been thinking of you since I heard the news of -------passing. I just wanted to let you know that I am here for you should you ever need anything. Please let me know what I can do to help you - I am happy to cook a meal, run errands, walk the dog, etc or I can just come sit with you .
- ------------ was always someone I could count on. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that he/she will not be forgotten.
- I am truly sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences.
Perhaps you would like to include a poem in your sympathy card message. An appropriate poem can also be used as part of a eulogy.
We have a selection of our favourite bereavement poems that just seem to express the thoughts of loss so well. Have a look at our Bereavement Poems index and then click through to read the individual poems.
You might also find the perfect message for your sympathy card at our quotes on grief.
Perhaps a gift might be appropriate at this difficult time...
In his book, Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy: A Handbook for the Mental Health Practitioner, Fourth Edition, J. William Worden, PhD, describes what he calls "The Four Tasks of Mourning." These tasks can be the means by which a healthy person works through the pain of grieving for a loved one, and moves into the next phase of life.
Go from Sympathy Card Sayings to Inspirational Sayings
Go to DIY Stress Relief Home